When searching for a rehabilitation center for your loved one, it is best that you visit several facilities. There is the possibility that your first choice doesn’t have an open spot and should have a back-up. Before choosing a facility, you should ask these questions:
- Is the facility accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations?
- Does the facility provide programs specially designed for your condition?
- Are patients at the facility regularly seen by a physician?
- How experienced is the medical staff?
- What is the ratio of trained rehabilitation registered nurses to patients?
- How often is therapy provided?
- What are the facility’s outcome statistics?
- What additional support does the facility offer?
Asking these questions can help when it comes to choosing a facility that is best suited for your loved one and their recovery.
Information from Pinnacle Care